Make National Capital Territory of Delhi (NCT of Delhi) a “knowledge and innovation center” where some of the best talent in the world want to live, study, and work as faculty members, students, and professionals.
- By 2030, at least 2 of its universities are ranked among the Top 500 in global rankings (QS, ARWU, Times) or in the Top 100 of global rankings in their respective discipline.
- Employability of students graduating from its higher education system is at least 2x better than the national average by 2025.
- At least 5 MNCs establish their R&D center in NCR in the next 3-5 years.
- By 2025, every year at least 10 IP-based start-ups, from NCT of Delhi higher education system, reach a milestone of generating over Rupees 10 crores in annual turnover.
Committee Scope and Deliverables
Higher education includes all post-secondary education: vocational, undergraduate, masters, PhD, post-doctoral, and continuing education. A vibrant higher education system is an engine for empowering people, addressing challenges, spurring economy and enriching humanity. This Committee will focus on making NCT of Delhi higher education system word class and recommend:
- Goals for the higher education system
- Metrics of success
- Key policies to achieve these goals
- Actionable plans for the first three years
The Committee includes leaders from academia, industry, entrepreneurship, and civil society from India and around the world representing diverse perspectives and stakeholders.
|Mr. Jasmine Shah||Vice Chairperson, Dialogue and Development Commission of Delhi|
|Sh. Sandeep Kumar||Secretary (Higher Education) Directorate of Hiqher Education, GNCTD|
|Sh. Shailendra Sharma||Principal Advisor to the Director of Education, GNCTD|
|Mr. B K Sharma||Advisor. Planninq Deptt., GNCTD|
|Mr. Shailendra Kumar||Founder & President, Nalanda 2.0|
|Mr. Pramath Sinha||Foundinq Dean, ISB and Ashoka University|
|Mr. Dheeraj Sanghi||Director, PEC, Chandigarh, Former Dean, llT Kanpur|
|Prof. Shyam Menon||Former Vice Chancellor, Ambedkar University|
|Sh. Pankaj Jalote||Foundinq Director, lllT Delhi|
|Mr. Nikhil Sinha||CEO, GSV Labs, Founding Vice Chancellor Shiv Nadar University Former Chief Business Officer, Coursera|
|Mr. Arjun Malhotra||Director on the Board at Lumis Partners and Co-Founder HCL|
|Mr. Manish Sabharwal||Co-Founder and Chairman, Teamlease|
|Mr. Arindam Bhattacharya||Senior Partner and Director, BCG|
|Ms. Sangita Reddy||Joint Manaqinq Director, Apollo Hospitals Enterprise Limited|
|Dr. Gaurav Khanna||Assistant Professor, Economics Center for Global Development, UC San Diego|
|Mr. Abhishek Gupta||Skill Development Expert|
|Mr. Devesh Kapur||Director of Asia Programs and Starr Foundation Professor of South Asian Studies at the Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies|
|Mr. Parmod Bhasin||Ex-Genpacct, Co-founder Ashoka University|
Nalanda 2.0 shall be DDC’s Knowledge Partner on this initiative. Nalanda 2.0 (www.nalanda2.org) is a policy think tank with a mission to making India’s higher education system world class.