What is Vision Delhi@2047?
As India prepared to celebrate its 75th year of independence, Hon’ble CM Sh. Arvind Kejriwal unveiled a bold vision for Delhi’s future – a Delhi that is equitable, modern and sustainable. Achieving this vision is not possible by any single stakeholder and requires deep, sustained collaboration between the government, private sector and civil society.
Private sector/CSR initiatives and philanthropic organisations can collaborate seamlessly with the Delhi Government through the Delhi@2047 platform, hosted by DDC Delhi, to make Delhi the number one city in the world by 2047 – the 100th year of India’s independence.
In its budget for 2021-22, the Delhi Government has committed to building a Delhi by 2047 that is:
- Equitable with per capita income of Delhi being equal to Singapore and every person, rich or poor, having a high standard of living.
- Modern with world-class infrastructure and public services. Delhi shall bid for hosting the 2048 Olympic games.
- Sustainable in providing clean air and water to all its residents and resilient in fighting disasters. Delhi will have transitioned 100% to electric vehicles.
Achieving this vision is not possible by any single stakeholder and requires deep, sustained collaboration between the government, private sector and civil society. The ongoing Covid-19 pandemic has further shown the true potential of multi-stakeholder collaborations and how the biggest of challenges can be addressed if all stakeholders of the city come together.
Delhi@2047, hosted by the Dialogue and Development Commission (DDC), is a platform for fostering partnerships with the private sector/CSR initiatives and philanthropic organizations to achieve the vision for Delhi by 2047.
OBJECTIVES OF DELHI@2047
- Guide spending by CSR and philanthropic initiatives into high-impact areas aligned with the long term priorities for Delhi@2047.
- Promote innovation that can serve as proof of concept for the government to scale and address the complex problems facing the national capital.
- Create a conducive environment for attracting cutting-edge technology, talent, skills and the best management practices to address developmental challenges.
The Steering Committee is constituted to help DDCD in implementation of Delhi@2047. The committee is responsible –
- To execute the various operations of the Delhi@2047 initiative.
- Overseeing the overall management.
- Coordinate between various stakeholders involved in the initiative.
The committee is chaired by Sh. Gopal Mohan, Member DDCD, and comprise of the following members –
|S.No||Title||Name & Designation|
|1.||Chairman||Mr. Gopal Mohan
|2.||Member||Mr. Vikram Bhat|
|3.||Member||Mr. Tarak Goradia|
|4.||Member||Mr. Piyush Tiwari|
|5.||Member||Ms. Reena Gupta|
|6.||Member||Dr. Nimi Rastogi|
|7.||Member||Mr. Rahul Chaudhary
|8.||Member||Mr. Palash Roy Chowdhury and Mr. Bharat Salhotra